Friday, 11 May 2018
THE tender process for the $30 million Stage One of the Inverell Hospital Redevelopment has progressed to the next step, with several quality companies submitting Expressions of Interest to construct the major health project.
“I’ve been informed that a number of highly qualified candidates have come forward and that they have now been given two weeks to complete their detailed proposals,” Mr Marshall said.
“As everyone in Inverell knows, the land around the hospital site is a mixture of black soils, basalt and granite. The Inverell hospital site is hilly and rocky and is basically sitting on a bed of pure granite underneath the topsoil.
“The interested contractors will now finalise their plans over the next fortnight to address the geotechnical and engineering aspects of the build given the granite foundations of the site, before the final contractor is selected.
“I’m delighted we’ve had such strong interest in building the hospital. A competitive tender process means Inverell gets the best head contractor for the job.
“Stage One is on track to kick off construction in the middle of the year and I will continue to fight for the $30 million Stage Two to be fully funded, so the construction can flow seamlessly onsite.”
Stage One of the Inverell Hospital redevelopment includes:
- New and expanded Emergency Department (6 to 9 spaces) including emergency care for children, mental health-related presentations and victims of sexual assault
- New 38-bed Inpatient Unit including:
- Paediatric facilities
- Maternity and birthing facilities
- General adult services, including palliative care
- New Medical Imaging (X-ray) Department (including identified future expansion zone for a CT scanner)
- New Operating Theatre, the first of two new theatres for the Hospital
- New Central Sterilising Unit
- New Day Surgery Unit (increase of 1 space to 6)
- Increased capacity for renal dialysis (increase of 2 chairs to 8)
- New main entry and admissions area
- New Mortuary.