MOBILE BLACK SPOT NOMINATIONS CLOSE ON FRIDAY

MEMBER for Northern Tablelands Adam Marshall today reminded residents in the region that they have until this Friday, 15 January, to nominate a troublesome mobile reception black spot for a phone tower under round 2 of the successful Commonwealth Mobile Black Spot Program.

 

Mr Marshall said the Federal Government had extended the period for nominations before Christmas with the new closing date ensuring individuals and community groups had enough time to get their nominations in.

 

“The original closing date had been 31 December but the period was extended to take into account the festive season and reflects the significant demand for improved mobile coverage in rural areas,” Mr Marshall said.

 

“The Federal Government has committed $60 million for this round and I’m working hard to ensure the state government again makes a financial contribution to ensure we maximise the number of new towers being constructed in black spot areas.

 

“To help this I want to see many nominations of black spots in our region go forward to the Commonwealth for consideration.”

 

Mr Marshall said in the first round, nine new mobile phone towers were announced for the Northern Tablelands electorate with the first being commissioned west of Glen Innes just before Christmas.

 

“Country NSW secured more than $90 million from round 1 of the program which equates to more than 130 new towers,” he said.

 

“I’m hoping to see another strong investment in new towers in the Northern Tablelands, especially those areas, like Copeton Dam, that missed out in the first round.”

 

A map of the regional mobile black spot locations and locations which will receive mobile base stations under round 1 is available at http://nationalmap.gov.au/

 

Nominations for round 2 of the Black Spot Mobile program can be made online at www.communications.gov.au/blackspots

Recent Articles

$197.8 MILLION TO EXTEND PRESCHOOL SUBSIDIES TO THREE-YEAR-OLDS

20th June 2018

Tuesday, 19 June 2018   THREE-YEAR-OLD children in NSW will be the first in Australia to have subsidised access to a... Read More

REGION TO SHARE IN $2.1 BILLION FOR MENTAL HEALTH OVERHAUL

20th June 2018

Wednesday, 20 June 2018   NORTHERN Tablelands MP Adam Marshall says residents across the region will share in a record NSW... Read More

PAYROLL TAX RELIEF IN BUDGET FOR NORTHERN TABLELANDS BUSINESSES

19th June 2018

 Tuesday, 19 June 2018   NORTHERN Tablelands MP Adam Marshall has welcomed the lifting of the Payroll Tax threshold to $1... Read More