Monday, 8 March 2021.
RESTRICTIONS at the region’s local public schools have been eased today to allow parents to enter school grounds, dancing activities to proceed and singing groups to recommence in a COVID safe way, Member for Northern Tablelands Adam Marshall has announced.
From today, Mr Marshall said local public school communities were set to benefit from the easing of the following restrictions:
- Parents and caretakers are able to enter school grounds but should continue to follow COVID safe practices, including social distancing;
- Parents and caretakers can attend school sporting events. School sporting events should align with requirements for community sporting competitions and training activities in NSW;
- There are no recommended limits on singing groups in schools, including for in-class educational activities such as group repetition, chanting, recitation, or singing activities. Five metres is recommended between a group of performing singers and other people, including the audience and conductor, where practicable;
- Dancing activities, including dance classes, balls, formals and social events, can proceed, but organisers should select venues with adequate floor space to comply with any venue restrictions; and
- The gathering of parents and community members for school events, such as P&C meetings, can continue in a COVID Safe way.
Mr Marshall thanked school communities for their patience and innovative thinking during the pandemic.
“Our schools have gone above and beyond to continue the education of our students while we respond to this pandemic and today’s news will be very welcome at all our local schools,” Mr Marshall said.
“Schools will continue to operate in a COVID safe way with fewer restrictions in place with hand sanitiser and enhanced cleaning remaining in place in all schools.”
Teachers, students or parents who have COVID-19 symptoms should not attend school until a negative COVID test has been received.
Detailed guidance for schools has been updated to reflect these changes, and principals are pleased to welcome parents and carers back to school.
Schools will continue to have COVID-19 Safety Plans and record-keeping procedures in place. NSW Health encourages the use of the Service NSW QR Code system for visitors to school sites.