MEMBER for Northern Tablelands Adam Marshall is encouraging local Aboriginal artists and arts organisations to apply for NSW Government funding to support local arts projects.
Mr Marshall said the Aboriginal Regional Arts Fund encouraged Aboriginal people to creatively explore and express their cultural identities through artistic practice.
“This program will encourage the community to engage and promote regional Aboriginal artistic talent,” Mr Marshall said.
“Aboriginal artists and organisations with projects starting after 1 July 2015 are eligible to apply.
“Any funding assistance for our talented local artists is welcome and will no doubt make a real difference to those who live and work in our community.
“The NSW Aboriginal Regional Arts Fund offers up to $3,000 for professional artists and up to $15,000 for organisations. Applications close on 9 March 2015.” said.
The Aboriginal Regional Arts Fund supports projects that:
- Enable Aboriginal communities in regional NSW to explore and express their cultural identities;
- Engage and promote regional Aboriginal artists, arts and culture in NSW;
- Encourage people to engage with Aboriginal arts and cultures;
- Build the capacity and sustainability of Aboriginal arts organisations in regional NSW; and
- Increase professional and skills development opportunities for Aboriginal artists living in regional NSW.
For more information and to apply, visit www.arts.nsw.gov.au