Tuesday, 10 August 2021
IT’S been another very encouraging 24 hours for our region, with NO new COVID-19 cases and record numbers of locals tested, as at 4pm this afternoon.
While we’re certainly not in the clear yet, it’s a case of so far so good, with none of the close or casual contacts of the three known cases in Armidale having returned a positive result at this stage.
The next 24 hours will be the most crucial though, as the remainder of those initial test results for close contacts come back. This will determine whether we’re simply dealing with one infected household (the three known cases) or something larger, more complex and more threating to our community.
In the meantime, none of us cannot afford to become complacent. We must keep up the effort, adhere to the stay-at-home rules, get tested and remain calm but stay alert.
Everyone has done an amazing job so far – from our frontline medical staff to our contact tracing teams and the community, which has been abiding by the lockdown order and coming forward for testing each day.
Across the broader region, we’re seeing around 2,500 people tested each day, which is a tremendous effort! Thank you to you all.
Lastly, the deep clean at Armidale Secondary College has been completed and the school is operational again for children of essential workers (back to the same status as all other schools within the Armidale Regional LGA).
Stay safe and take care everyone!
COVID-19 testing clinic details across the region:
- Armidale Hospital drive-through clinic, operating 9am to 5pm. Appointments are required and can be made by calling 0427 923 080.
- Laverty Pathology drive-through clinic at Armidale Regional Airport, operating 8am to 5pm. NO appointments required.
- Douglass Hanly Moir Pathology walk-in clinic in Rusden Street, operating 9am to 3pm. NO appointments required.
- Guyra MPS drive-through clinic, operating 8.30 to 11.30am. Appointments are required and can be made by calling 6738 4000.
- Laverty Pathology walk-in clinic (on Bridge Street), operating 7.30am to 3.30pm. NO appointments required.
- Inverell Hospital drive-through clinic, operating 10am to 4pm. NO appointments required.
- Laverty Pathology drive-through clinic on Rifle Range Road, operating 7am to 2pm. NO appointments required.
- Glen Innes Hospital drive-through clinic, operating 9am to 4.30pm. Appointments are required and can be made by calling 0438 925 949
For information on the lockdown requirements visit the NSW Health website www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/armidale-region-restrictions